Remember the Church with a gift in your Will
As Catholics, we believe in the sanctity of life; life is a precious gift from God. We strive to live life joyfully and faithfully, in the hope we will return to our Creator after a natural death, to enjoy eternal life with Him. When you move onto the next life, you can make your lifetime of faith live on through a gift in your Will.
We all desire to leave a legacy, to make a mark, to make a difference in the lives of our families and friends, and within our communities. A gift in your Will to the Church, no matter how big or small, is a wonderful way to support your Catholic community.
Writing your Will and putting your affairs in order is something every adult should do, to ensure your loved ones are protected and provided for after your death.
Writing you Will allows:
- Peace of mind – knowing you have documented your future wishes.
- A legacy of faith – You can provide charitable gifts in your Will to people and causes close to your heart, allowing you to pass on the principles and values that mattered to you during your lifetime.
- Decision making – you can determine whom you would like to act on your behalf, should you be unable to do so, by establishing a Lasting Power of Attorney.
- A Catholic Funeral - Organise your funeral arrangements and discuss your end-of-life preferences with your doctor and loved ones.
- Inheritance tax – you can know in advance if your estate will be subject to inheritance tax, and if so, whether effective planning can reduce such a burden for your heirs. If you are thinking of putting your affairs in order, the Archdiocese of Southwark can help.
How can the Archdiocese of Southwark help?
If you are interested in leaving a Gift in your Will to the Archdiocese of Southwark, your local Catholic Church or one of the Diocesan Funds, you can contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 020 7960 2504.
We also have some materials below that you might find useful.
- Will Writing Services: The Archdiocese of Southwark has partnerships with two Will writing firms who can provide discounted Will writing services online, in person and via telephone. Please contact email@example.com to find out more.