The Archdiocese Safeguarding Team are committed to responding compassionately and within an appropriate timescale, to any disclosure, allegation or concern raised.
Reporting to the Police
If you have a concern of a safeguarding nature where a child or adult is in immediate danger or requires immediate medical attention please call the emergency services on 999.
Reporting to the Archdiocese of Southwark
If you wish to report any safeguarding concerns, past or present, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Safeguarding Office is open between 9 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday and the team will ensure that any concerns are dealt with in a timely and compassionate manner.
Reporting to your Local Authority
You can report your concerns to your local children and adult services. Many local authorities host an out of hours’ helpline, details of which can usually be found on the council website.
To identify your Local Authority is please use the following link: https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council
Reporting to other welfare charities
Where a child or adult is not in immediate danger, it is also possible to make your concerns known to one of the following bodies, some of which have freephone 24-hour telephone lines:
- Safe Spaces: Tel: 08 08 16 89 111 Support line for free
Safe Spaces Opening times throughout the Christmas and New Year (2021) period:
Friday 24th: 10am – 4pm
Wednesday 29th: 10am -6pm
Thursday 30th: 12pm -8pm
Friday 31st: 10am – 4 pm
Closed on all other dates.
Tuesday 4th January Back to normal.
- NSPCC: Tel: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours).
- Child-line: Tel: 0800 1111 Freephone and open 24 hours.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline Tel: 0808 2000 247 Freephone and open 24 hours.
- Samaritans: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Please telephone the Samaritans if you are experiencing life situations that you are struggling to deal with.
- Hourglass: action on elder abuse : Tel: 080 8808 8141 Freephone weekdays during working hours.
- The Survivor's Trust Tel: 08088 010 818 Freephone 10 am - 7.30 am from Monday - Wednesday 10 am - 6 pm on Thursday and 10 am - 2 pm on Friday.
- NAPAC: Tel: 0808 801 0331 Freephone 10 am – 4 pm on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and from 2 pm – 9 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.