We are seeking a dedicated Project Officer to support our local youth ministry initiatives. This role will involve working closely with parishes to establish youth groups and coordinate events that
nurture the spiritual growth of young individuals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Director of Youth in the creation and promotion of Youth groups.
Creating and maintaining a best practice tool kit for effective youth group management
- Maintaining and promoting the “Youth Network”
- Arranging training and development including bi-annual training sessions for parish youth group leaders, and annual Zoom/Teams sessions for clergy, using best practice from other providers.
- Event managing Area Youth Days and other youth related events
- Developing the Young Adult Ministry Project
- Maintaining and further developing the effective use of Web and social media tools
Providing general administrative support to the Director of Youth Service.
The ideal candidate will be a practising Catholic with previous experience in a similar role. Educated to degree level with outstanding communication skills at all levels. Excellent IT skills including updating websites and use of social media is essential as are good organisational and admin skills.
This is a full time role requiring considerable evening and weekend work and is initially offered on a 12 month fixed term contract. Starting salary £27,000.00 per annum. For more information or to apply email a copy of your CV to HR@rcaos.org.uk by the closing date of 22nd September 2023.