Job Profile: Fundraising & Supporter Care Assistant
Department: Fundraising & Gift Aid
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising
Contract type: 12 month contract, with possibility of permanent
Hours: 28 hours per week (4 days a week)
(Core hours are 9am to 5pm, 4 days a week (days to be agreed), with a paid 1-hour lunch break. Office based at least 3 days a week. Potential to go full-time)
Location: London, SE1
Salary: £25,000-pro rota (£20,000 for 4 days per week)
The Fundraising & Supporter Care Assistant will provide administrative support to the Fundraising & Gift Aid operations team, including opening post, processing donations and gift aid, updating the CRM and thanking donors. This post will also provide administrative support to the Fundraising team, including helping finalise and print planned giving materials, provide administrative support to the Head of Fundraising, and supporting the operational side of event management.
Principle duties and responsibilities
- Provide operational administration of the Fundraising CRM Donorfy and to the Head of Fundraising
- Collecting and opening the post and processing donations onto Donorfy
- Scanning donation documents and uploading onto Donorfy
- Maintaining Donorfy records – communication preferences, contact details, Gift Aid status, etc
- Mail merging thank you letters, printing and posting them in a timely manner, hand-write thank you cards
- Manage the Regular Payment’s (standing orders) on a monthly basis and preparation of cheques and cash for banking with Finance
- Supporting the Gift Aid & Supporter Care Officer to manage second collections, train and support volunteers and maximize Gift Aid on all donations where possible
- Provide excellent Customer Support and Care – working to provide high quality support and care to donors, parishes, priests, parish finance committees, GAC’s. Ensuring all emails receive a reply within 24 hrs
Essential Skills and Experience required:
- A strong team player who is confident, reliable, creative, self-motivated and target driven
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and personal flexibility in order to get the job done and meet deadlines
- High degree of accountability and a “can-do” attitude
- Solid organisational and time management skills; able to work somewhat independently
Administration experience, or strong transferrable skills
Proficiency in Microsoft Office – especially Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint – and cloud-based applications
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date of 23rd February 2024.
Interviews will take place w/c 25th February 2024.
Please do not apply for this job if you do not have current permission to work in the UK.